Most roulette tips website are written with the sole purpose of promoting online casinos, and they are written by people with no real experience in playing roulette. This page lists simple but genuinely valuable tips for beginners, intermediate and advanced players. The beginner tips are assuming you are just looking to have and aren’t using a professional roulette system. The intermediate roulette tips are for those who have played roulette many times, but are looking to expand their horizons. And the professional tips are for people already with experience with professional roulette strategies.
Roulette Tips for Beginners
- Making your bankroll last: If you want to just have fun and stay at the table as long as possible, decrease your bet size as your bankroll decreases.
- Quit while you’re up: the longer you play, the greater the chance you’ll lose money. Set a profit goal. For most people, it would be something like $100 profit or even just enough to pay for dinner and a movie.
- Set a loss limit, and stick to it: it is very easy to take more money from the ATM and lose more. Never play with more than you’re prepared to lose. And if you lose your set bankroll, accept the loss and walk away a prepared loser. It may be great to win back losses, but chasing old losses leads to gambling addiction. Also remember that money will come and go all your life.
- Understand the bets, odds and payouts: roulette is a very easy game to learn. See the roulette bets, odds and payout chart so you know what to expect. Especially if you bet just one number, you may be without a win for many spins. This can get frustrating, so it may be best to make outside bets like red, black, odds, evens etc. This way you get wins more frequently.
- Choose tables that aren’t too busy: it is very frustrating when you are waiting for other players to be paid. Busy tables tend to spin too infrequently, and aren’t fun to play on. Generally the time of day determines how busy tables are.
- Give preference to European (single 0) wheels instead of American 00 wheels: The single 0 version wheels give you a significantly better chance of winning.
- Only play against real wheels, not software roulette: Online casinos often use software roulette where there is no physical roulette. This is called RNG roulette, and isn’t roulette at all – it’s a slot machine, and they are impossible to beat. Some online casinos even used rigged RNG where the winnings of other players will determine whether or not you win. This is far from fair. If you play online roulette, stick to the webcam roulette wheels where you can see spins from a real wheel.
- Check the reputation of online casinos before joining: many online casinos refuse payouts and legally cheat players. See the recommended honest online casinos.
Intermediate Roulette Tips
- Learn how to properly test your roulette system: Without proper testing, you’ll waste lots of time on systems that have no chance of winning in the long term. See how to properly test roulette systems.
- Learn what others have tried, and what is known to fail: There’s no point to re-inventing a broken wheel. See how you can and can’t win at roulette.
- Try something NEW: If you are looking for something other than typical professional systems, try something that nobody else has tried before.
Advanced Roulette Tips
- Find partners: some techniques require a lot of time, and sharing the workload with others makes it more practical to beat the more difficult wheels.
- Learn to assess wheels first: understand where your edge comes from, and assess wheels to determine if they exhibit suitable attributes, without needing a lot of data. This will save you a lot of time.
- Assess conditions and casino procedures: some casino conditions will make play impractical. For example, a wheel may spin too infrequently for play to be practical.
- Think in terms of weeks and months, instead of hours and days: Beating roulette is a long-term job. Casinos themselves look at the bigger picture instead of what happens only on an individual day.
- Consider the conditions to determine what is required to remain covert: staying undetected is critical. No casino will tolerate a consistent winner. It is not difficult to remain undetected if you use common sense.
- Become familiar with wheel designs from the manufacturer websites: This way you will have reasonable knowledge of which wheels are easiest to beat.